Accounts Receivable (AR) Accounting Clerk
Accounts Receivable (AR) Accounting Clerk
Join The George Brazil Team
Help us in making a difference for our Customers!*
At George Brazil Air Conditioning & Heating we are friends united as a team with a common goal.
We are committed to our employees, their development, and their work-life balance. Work friends and teams are important but we know your real family is most important! We believe in compensating our employees well for the time they spend away from their families and dedicate to our successes.
Speaking of our successes George Brazil is not only one of the largest HVAC companies in Phoenix, we are an industry leader and innovator, nationally! George Brazil Air Conditioning & Heating has been named “Top Places to Work in Phoenix” by CareerBuilder 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and we hold ourselves to that employee commitment.
Here’s a little bit about the Job: The function of the Accounts Receivable (AR) Accounting Clerk is to perform basic accounting functions with speed and accuracy. These functions primarily include posting receivables invoices, verifying and allocating monies received for services, collections, data entry, data verification, database maintenance, and filing of documents.
- Process high volumes of receivables invoices.
- Process credit card, check, cash, and financing payments
- Verify monies received for services and allocate those monies appropriately in the operating system
- Occasional collections calls
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly verifications of accounting entries
- Maintain accounting department workflow and document retention through efficient and accurate filing practices
- Take the initiative to develop a basic knowledge of industry terms.
- Other tasks or duties as assigned by the Accounting Manager.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma, or equivalent
- 0 – 2 years experience in a high volume data entry environment
- Team player
- Detailed oriented
- Operates with a high degree of integrity
- Understands the importance of Customer Satisfaction
- Able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to process high volumes of work with accuracy
- Basic Microsoft Word & Excel (preferred)
- Basic math skills
- Ability to communicate in person, in writing, and over the phone in English
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to sit for up to 8 hours
- Ability to sustain constant repetitive hand motions
- Ability to work nonstandard shifts (including weekends)
George Brazil is proud to offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Management Support
- Generous Vacation & Sick leave
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short Term Disability & More
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Match Program
- Growth & Advancement Opportunities
- On-going Training & Development
- We are a Drug-Free Workplace
- Applicants for this position are subject to a new hire drug screen & background check
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.00 - $18.00 per hour
** Compensation Determined upon Employment **
Equal Employment Opportunity
Quality Home Maintenance dba George Brazil Air Conditioning & Heating is committed to an equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to: race; color; religion; genetic information; national origin; sex; pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions; age; disability; citizenship status; uniform service member status; or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law. In Arizona, the following also are a protected class: race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, AIDS/HIV status, national origin, status as a cardholder for medicinal marijuana, and genetic test results.
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
To keep our employees and job applicants safe we are interviewing in a different sanitized location. On-site we are wearing masks, hand washing, social distancing, and providing ongoing daily sanitation of our offices.