In most homes, 20% of the air that passes through the ducts is lost as a result of leaks, holes and loose connections in your duct system, according to ENERGY STAR - a joint program of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy.
This increases your utility bills and reduces the comfort level in your home.
How do I know if my air ducts need sealing?
Consider air duct sealing if you have:
- extremely high utility bills (even with newer heating and cooling equipment)
- visible holes/tears in your ductwork
- rooms that seem impossible to keep comfortable
- a dusty house, even after you just cleaned
Schedule a repair and we can see if your air ducts need sealing or if there's a different problem.
Benefits of sealing your air ducts
- Increases comfort - No more hot or cold spots in your home!
- Saves money - Sealed ducts ensure that your HVAC system works only as long as it needs to. Since cooling and heating makes up almost 50% of your utility bill, your savings will be significant!
- Ensures safer living - Sealed ducts prevent toxic combustion gases (like carbon monoxide) from being drawn into your home’s living areas through leaking ductwork.
- Protects your family’s health - Leaky ducts suck in dust, mold and other contaminants and blow them throughout your home. Sealing your ducts keeps everybody healthy.