Duct Sealing in Phoenix, AZ
Cost-Saving Duct Sealing by Phoenix Pros
Phoenix homeowners can lose up to 20% of conditioned air through leaks, holes and loose connections in their duct system. At George Brazil, our expert techs take the time to assess your duct system before we start sealing, so that we can seal as many leaks as possible. When you choose us for your duct sealing project, you'll notice lower energy bills, better air quality and more-even temperatures throughout your home.
Best duct sealing experience,
featuring our red-carpet rollout
Best duct sealing options,
with honest diagnostics & upfront pricing
Best duct sealing prices,
supported by flexible financing
Cost to have your ducts sealed in Phoenix
Benefits of having your ducts sealed
- Increases comfort: Sealing your ducts helps ensure more-consistent airflow throughout your home, preventing hot and cold spots and increasing your comfort.
- Saves money: Sealed ducts ensure that more of your conditioned air makes its way into your home, which reduces the amount of time your HVAC system needs to be "on." Since cooling and heating makes up almost 50% of your utility bill, duct sealing can provide you with significant savings.
- Protects your health: Leaky ducts suck in dust, mold and other contaminants and blow them throughout your home. Sealing your ducts helps to keep contaminants out of your home's air, protecting the health of your household.
Contact us today for a free in-home price estimate.
Schedule free estimate
Major factors that affect price
- Size of your home: The larger your home is, the more ductwork there typically is to seal, which raises the cost of the project.
- Duct sealing vs. replacement: Sometimes, when a tech assesses your ductwork for leaks, they may notice that there are large leaks or even gaps between connecting ductwork. If you have extensive or large leaks, you'll probably need to replace part of your ductwork. Replacing your ductwork will be more expensive than sealing it, but should save you money in the long run on energy costs.
- How hard your ducts are to access: If your ducts are hard to access, a tech may have to end up cutting into walls or ceilings to reach your ductwork. This will usually raise the price of your duct sealing service because of the additional time it will take a tech. You'll also need to pay to repair any wall/floors/ceilings that were damaged.
- Vertical system: If you have vertical HVAC systems, your duct sealing cost will be higher than if you have horizontal systems. This is because it takes longer to seal vertical systems and more material is needed to seal them properly. Most homeowners don't know what type of HVAC system they have (horizontal vs vertical), but don't worry, our techs will inspect your ductwork and let you know what system set up you have and how it will affect the job/cost.
- Pressure testing: Code regulations require that a pressure test is conducted after duct sealing to verify it was done properly. Different contractors will charge different prices for this test. At George Brazil, we roll the cost of testing into the overall cost of duct sealing. Other companies, however, will charge a separate fee for this
Signs you need to get your duct sealed
Consider getting your ducts sealed if you notice...
- Hot or cold spots in your home
- Extremely high utility bills (even with newer heating and cooling equipment)
- High indoor humidity in some rooms
- A dusty house, even after you just cleaned
- Unexplained allergies or respiratory illness
- Visible holes/tears in your ductwork
Duct sealing process
The George Brazil duct sealing experience
- 1. Request duct sealing service
- 2. Get upfront pricing
Before we test and seal your ductwork, our team will provide you with an in-home estimate. This way, you know exactly what the cost is before we begin, and you're not faced with any surprise fees or unknown bills. Need financing? We've got you covered.
- 3. Have your ducts tested and sealed
On the day of your duct sealing, one of our pros will call you to let you know they're on their way. Once they arrive, they will lay down drop cloths, mask off all registers and test for any leaks in your duct system. Once your ductwork has been tested and we know where the leaks are, we'll seal your ductwork with duct mastic and sealant tape. After we've finished sealing your ducts, we'll test your ducts again to ensure that the sealing process was successful. Then, we'll clean up and provide you with any recommendations on duct or system improvements that may help you save money in the future.
- 4. Share your feedback with us
When we've completed sealing your ducts, we'll ask you to share your feedback with us. We hope you're 100% satisfied, but if you're not, we'll do our best to make it right.
Why choose us
Serving Phoenix with honesty, integrity and trust since 1955
A tradition of superior customer service and extraordinary values are at the heart of George Brazil's 65+ year history. We honor George's legacy by staying true to his original vision and delivering exceptional service to each and every customer, every day.