When’s the Best Time to Purchase a New Air Conditioner in Phoenix?
In the Phoenix and surrounding areas, the best time to purchase a new air conditioner is in the fall (October through November) and the spring (February through April).
Demand is down
Air conditioning companies in Phoenix aren’t as busy in the spring and fall because the weather is nicer and people aren’t using their air conditioning and heating systems much.
This gives you 2 big advantages:
- Slightly lower prices. Because there is less demand, prices on installed air conditioners tend to drop a bit. Manufacturers also offer their best rebates during this time.
- Best appointment times. With less demand comes more availability. You can schedule your installation for times where you won’t have to miss as much work.
You have time to find the right AC
The best time to purchase anything is before you need it.
That way you have enough time to consider your options carefully before you make a decision.
Purchasing an air conditioner is no different. If you wait to shop for a new one until your current AC breaks down, you’ll be rushed to find a new one and may just purchase the one that can be installed the quickest—regardless of whether it’s the best option or not.
After all, no one wants to be stuck in a 100° F home for long.
You have time to find a good AC installer
One of the most important factors in the performance of your new air conditioner is the quality of the installation.
In a typical installation, the AC loses 27% of its energy efficiency from being installed improperly, according to ENERGY STAR.
How do you find a good AC installer? Here are a few tips:
- Ask friends and family. Start with people you know. Who have they used? What was their experience?
- Read reviews. There are lots of reviews out there. Read up on the companies you’re considering. A great source is to check the Better Business Bureau for their reviews, grade and qualifications.
- Check licenses. Make sure they have a license to do HVAC work in Arizona. This shows they’re in it for the long run and not just for a quick buck.
- Don’t shop just on price. The cheapest guy is likely not the best. Doing good, quality work and hiring trained professionals costs money. The AC installers that do those things generally have a higher price, as a result.
- Consider how long the company’s been around. Though not always true, companies that have been around awhile are more likely to still be around when you need them if there is a problem in the future or you have questions on your warranty.
If your air conditioner is on its last leg, the time to start shopping is now!
It’s already warming up and our summer heat will be here before you know it. Don’t wait any longer. Schedule your FREE Estimate from George Brazil Air Conditioning & Heating!