According to Energy.gov, homeowners should have their AC maintained at least once a year to:
- Prevent expensive AC repairs and/or breakdowns
- Keep monthly energy bills low
- Prevent voiding your AC warranty
But how much does this annual service cost you? Well, on average, AC maintenance in Phoenix can cost anywhere from $50 to $150+.
The factors that determine how much you’ll pay include:
Let’s take a closer look at how those 2 factors affect the pricing of AC maintenance.
Cost factor #1: What’s actually included in the service
The more comprehensive the AC maintenance, the more it typically costs.
Now, what a tech actually does when called out to maintain your air conditioner often varies from one HVAC company to another. So asking what’s included in a maintenance visit is one of the most important question you should ask before you pull out the wallet.
According to Energy.gov, here’s what “should” be included in an AC check-up:
- Check thermostat settings
- Check air filter and replace if needed
- Tighten electrical connections on all motors
- Measure the voltage and current on all motors
- Add lubrication to all moving parts
- Inspect the condensate drain for clogs
- Check system controls
- Clean evaporator coil
- Clean condenser coils
- Check refrigerant levels
- Check and clean all blower components
So, if you’re not sure which company to choose for your AC check-up, ask each one what will be performed during the visit. Then, choose the one who can best match the checklist provided above.
Cost factor #2: Whether it’s a one-time service or part of a maintenance plan
When you buy a maintenance plan, you usually pay more upfront as opposed to buying a one-time maintenance service. For example:
- One-time maintenance visits often cost anywhere from $50-$150
- Maintenance plans often cost anywhere from $150 to $300+
However, a maintenance plan saves you a lot of money in the long run.
When you purchase a one-time maintenance visit, you get your AC maintained once and that’s it.
But, when you buy a maintenance plan, you often get the check-up service PLUS:
- An additional check-up visit (to be scheduled whenever you need it)
- Discounts on any needed repairs (discounts usually available for the entire year)
- Free service calls
- Priority service when needed for down unit(s)
Depending on the company, you may get even more benefits that the ones listed above.
For example, when you buy a maintenance plan with us, you get:
- An AC check-up—on steroids! (56-point checklist)
- An additional check-up per year
- Comfort Guarantee (hotel stay)
- 25% discount on repairs
- 10% discount on new equipment purchases
- 24-hour response time
- Written maintenance report
- Extended warranty on repairs
Our suggestion? Opt for a comprehensive maintenance plan instead of a one-time, standalone maintenance visit.
You’re going to have to get your AC maintained every year anyway (unless you want to void your AC warranty) so you might as well get more “bang for your buck” and make sure your AC (one of your biggest investments) is adequately protected.
Live in Phoenix and need AC maintenance?
Call or contact us to learn more about our AC check-up visits as well as our VIP maintenance policy.
Whatever your budget, we offer various HVAC inspection and maintenance options that will keep your AC healthy for years.