Job Summary: The function of the material handler is to process parts through the organization; ensuring both item number and count accuracy as well as material integrity.
- Load and unload materials as they are received or returned to and from Vendors and/or other departments
- Use material moving equipment such as pallet jacks, forklifts, dollies, trailers and company fleet vehicles to transport products and materials
- Receive purchased equipment/materials into the organization
- Verify materials/equipment against receiving tickets to ensure the accuracy of the delivery.
- Count or weigh materials/equipment to check quantity accuracy.
- Contact the appropriate department when a shipment is inaccurate to rectify the discrepancy.
- Properly stage all specified equipment and materials for jobs according to procedures.
- Receive new material and equipment as specified above
- Pick stock materials requisitioned by the purchasing department
- Pick and log materials requested by the install department
- Fill out the appropriate paperwork to identify and transfer materials to the customer (internal or external).
- Verify all equipment/materials staged prior to the job leaving the yard
- Research discrepancies as they arise
- Perform transactions in the inventory system to ensure physical transactions match system transactions and part count accuracy
- Daily Requisitions, returns, adjustments, and transfers
- Cycle count items as defined by manager
- Participate in physical inventories of trucks and warehouses as defined by manager
- Research then classify and process all returned/left behind material as return to vendor, return to stock, return to temp stock or scrap
- Other tasks (administrative or other) per process or as defined by the area manager
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1 + years experience in warehouse/stockroom environment
- Forklift Operation
- Detail oriented
- Able to process high volumes of work with great accuracy
- Able to adapt to all environments
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Work in a team environment
- Operate a Forklift
- General PC skills
- Lift over 50lbs
- Stand for long periods of time
Job Type: Full-Time Seasonal Temporary
** Compensation based on experience **
Applicants for positions are subject to a new hire drug screen & background check. We are a Drug-Free Workplace.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Quality Home Maintenance dba George Brazil Air Conditioning & Heating is committed to an equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally‑recognized basis including, but not limited to: race; color; religion; genetic information; national origin; sex; pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions; age; disability; citizenship status; uniform service member status; or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law. In Arizona, the following also are a protected class: race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, AIDS/HIV status, national origin, status as a cardholder for medicinal marijuana, and genetic test results.
Interested in this position?