It is the responsibility of the Indoor Air Quality Lead Technician to provide quality air cleaning, testing, sealing, and other home efficiency-related services to residential customers. The lead technician has general knowledge of the field’s commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures and is required to use said knowledge to ensure the job site is controlled, the equipment used is properly maintained and operated, safety procedures are followed and the quality of work performed in the field is of the highest level. The Indoor Air Quality Lead Technician performs a variety of tasks, works under general supervision and employs a certain degree of creativity and latitude. The lead reports to the Field Manager and is a safety-sensitive position.
- Thoroughly and properly clean residential HAVC duct systems using assigned equipment
- Test residential HVAC duct systems for leaks using assigned equipment and building science principles
- Properly seal residential HVAC duct systems in accordance with SMACNA standards
- Add or replace attic insulation to meet proper R levels as recommended by the Department of Energy
- Set up, operate, break down and perform required preventative maintenance on assigned equipment using stated company policies and safe work practices.
- Properly assess and prepare the customer's home prior to commencing work such that the customer’s belongings and dwelling are protected.
- Tear down and clean up each job site in accordance with company expectations and procedures
- Perform basic wiring/electrical tasks
- Work safely following company policies
- Provide excellent customer service
- Promptly and accurately complete all required paperwork
- Demonstrate and establish effective working relationships with co-workers and superiors.
- Train Indoor Air Quality Helpers
- Keep manager informed of new developments, changes or customer concerns
- Maintain cleanliness of assigned company vehicle
- Able and willing to assist on install and QA jobs
- Any other assigned duties as directed by management
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years experience in HVAC
- Basic wiring/electrical knowledge required.
- Moderate airflow and duct knowledge preferred
- Previous experience using duct cleaning machines required
- Previous experience using duct test equipment required
- Previous experience using insulation blowing machine a plus
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service and problem-solving skills
- Honest and dependable
- Mechanically inclined
- Able to distinguish between different HVAC equipment
- Self-Motivated but able to take direction and be part of a team
- Professional Company Image
- Valid AZ driver’s license with a good driving record
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- Must be able to read and write in English
- Owns all tools needed to perform job functions (tool list will be provided upon hire)
- Able to work in extreme temperatures for extended periods of time
- Able to adapt to all environments including but not limited to confined spaces, rooftops, etc.
- Able to safely lift over 100 pounds
- Able to work overtime, nights, and weekend hours
- Able to continually climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl
- Able to work in a safety-sensitive position
George Brazil is proud to offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Management Support
- Generous Vacation & Sick leave
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Company Vehicle & Gas Card (for driving roles)
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short Term Disability & More
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Match Program
- Growth & Advancement Opportunities
- On-going Training & Development
- We are a Drug-Free Workplace
** Compensation Determined upon Employment **
Company: Quality Home Maintenace dba George Brazil Air Conditioning & Heating is not only one of the largest HVAC companies in Phoenix we are an industry leader and innovator, nationally! George Brazil Air Conditioning & Heating has been named “Top Places to Work in Phoenix” by CareerBuilder 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020. In 2019 George Brazil Air Conditioning won the Better Business Bureau Torch Award for Ethics.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Quality Home Maintenance dba George Brazil Air Conditioning & Heating is committed to an equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to: race; color; religion; genetic information; national origin; sex; pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions; age; disability; citizenship status; uniform service member status; or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law. In Arizona, the following also are a protected class: race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, AIDS/HIV status, national origin, status as a cardholder for medicinal marijuana, and genetic test results.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 - $25.00 per hour
To keep our employees and applicants safe we are interviewing in a different sanitized location. On-site we are wearing masks, washing hands, social distancing, and sanitizing the office daily.
Interested in this position?