Fleet Mechanic I, works under immediate supervision to assist in maintaining the company’s fleet of vehicles by inspecting, repairing and replacing parts as needed. Has knowledge of the fleet's gas and/or diesel vehicles. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform and conduct inspections using specific procedures set by fleet management. May be required to use said knowledge to ensure quality control and evaluation of preventive maintenance and repair services. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment.
Job Duties & Requirements
- Performs preventive maintenance work on vehicles, including lubrication and oil changes.
- Takes Initiative to develop a skillset to become self-motivated in diagnosis and repair of fleet vehicles.
- Use Fleet PM Inspection forms to ensure quality and appropriate repair work on fleet vehicles during scheduled and nonscheduled repairs.
- Conduct and inspect all fleet vehicle repairs according to standard labor rates andtime allotted for specific repairs.
- Maintain records on all maintenance and repair work performed
- Keep accurate and detail orientated records of all repairs made on fleet vehicles, including Make, Model, Mileage, Parts and labor cost occurred, etc
- Conduct a Clean and Safe work environment
- Clean and maintain workspace, shop areas and equipment on an ongoing basis, as needed, and as directed by Shop Manager.
- Workspace: Daily
- Shops Areas/Equipment: Weekly
- Perform other duties as assigned by ShopManager.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma, completion of G.E.D
- Minimum one-year shop experience
- Knowledge in repair and/or service of diesel engine and/or medium-duty truck/small vehicles
- Any Certifications on Diesel and Gas preferred
- Mechanical knowledge of gas and/or diesel repair
- Must have own tools to accurately perform PM maintenance work
- 18 years of age
- Valid class D license
- Clean 5 year DMV records
- Pass Company drug test
- Must be able to read and write in English
- Maintenance mechanics should be able to follow written and verbal instructions and well-versed in using technical service manuals.
- Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in a mechanic shop environment; walk, stand, and sit for prolonged periods of time; frequently stoop, bend, kneel, crouch,crawl, climb, reach, and twist; push, pull, lift, and/or carry moderate to heavy amounts of weights; operate assigned equipment and vehicles; and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to recognize the importance of safety in the workplace, follow safety rules, practice safe work habits, utilize appropriate safety equipment and report unsafe conditions to the appropriate administrator.
- Paid Vacation & Sick Leave
- Short Term Disability & More
- Life Insurance
- 401K with Match Program
- Cell Phone
** Compensation Determined upon Employment **
- We are a Drug-Free Company
- Applicants for this position are subject to a new hire drug screen & background check.
- This position is safety sensitive
Equal Employment Opportunity
Quality Home Maintenance dba George Brazil Air Conditioning & Heating is committed to an equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally‑recognized basis including, but not limited to: race; color; religion; genetic information; national origin; sex; pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions; age; disability; citizenship status; uniform service member status; or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law. In Arizona, the following also are a protected class: race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, AIDS/HIV status, national origin, status as a cardholder for medicinal marijuana, and genetic test results.
Interested in this position?