What is Cleaned in a Duct Cleaning by George Brazil?
Want to skip straight to the duct cleaning? Whether you have questions or are ready to get an estimate, George Brazil has you covered.
Benefits of a duct cleaning
As time goes on, your ductwork—like anything else in your house—can get dirty. Your ducts can become a resting ground for dust, pet dander, pollen, and even mold.
Clearing the above types of debris out of your ducts can:
- Boost your HVAC system’s efficiency
- Improve your air quality
- Help you avoid problems down the road
Boost efficiency: Excessive debris, like dust, in your ductwork can get in the way of your HVAC system trying to do its job. When your ducts are filled with debris, your system doesn’t have a clear pathway for hot or cold air to easily flow through. This could cause your system to waste energy to meet your heating or cooling needs—which means higher utility bills for you. But when you clear a path for the air to travel, your unit doesn’t have to work as hard.
Improve air quality: Do you suffer from allergies, asthma, or both? If your household has respiratory conditions, you could enjoy the benefits of boosting your home’s air quality with a duct cleaning. A professional HVAC service technician will remove the dust and allergens lurking in your ductwork, which reduces the chance of your system blowing those particles around your home.
Avoid future problems: You probably wouldn’t think a little dust in your ductwork would cause a costly chain reaction. Unfortunately, that’s exactly what could happen if you have too much buildup in your ducts. Excessive debris could damage your HVAC system, requiring repairs or replacements down the road.
How to tell if it’s time for a cleaning
Are you interested in reaping the benefits of a duct cleaning, but you’re not sure if your home really needs one? Look for signs that, according to the Environmental Protection Agency, tell you it’s time for a duct cleaning:
- There’s substantial mold growth inside the ducts or on other HVAC system components
- You suspect there are rodents or insects in the vents
- There’s excessive dust clogging your system or coming out of your vents
An HVAC service technician can expertly handle duct cleaning for you—after any mold or vermin has been fully removed. If there’s mold, first call a mold remediation specialist to safely remove it. Likewise, if you’re dealing with an infestation, contact a pest control expert to remove the rodents or insects. Your trusted HVAC technician can take it from there.
Still unsure if it’s time for a cleaning? Keep an eye out for other red flags, like higher utility bills or inconsistent airflow. Not to mention, you can always consult a trusted HVAC service technician to get a second opinion!
What you can expect in a duct cleaning from George Brazil
When you trust George Brazil with your duct cleaning, rest assured you’re in good hands. Since 1955, George Brazil has been committed to providing quality services to Phoenix residents.
Once you’re ready for a duct cleaning from George Brazil, you might be wondering what that process looks like. Your HVAC service technician will:
- Take precautions to cover your furniture and valuables to avoid spilling any dirt or dust
- Securely cover your vents so air doesn’t blow dust through them during the cleaning
- Open access points to access your ductwork
- Inspect the area to ensure there are no dangerous substances, such as mold or asbestos
- Use special equipment (e.g., vacuums, soft-bristled brushes, etc.) to remove dust, dirt, and debris from the ductwork and your home
- Seal up access points when the work is finished
So, are you ready to get your ductwork spick and span with George Brazil?