GEORGE BRAZIL FAMILY PRINCIPLES - HONESTY, INTEGRITY, AND RELIABILITY!
Let’s work together! At George Brazil Air Conditioning & Heating we are friends united as a team with a common goal. Help us in making a difference for our customers and employees!
About our FAMILY:
We are committed to our employees, their development, and their work-life balance. We believe in compensating our employees well for the time they spend away from their families and dedicating themselves to our successes.
Speaking of our successes George Brazil is not only one of the largest HVAC companies in Phoenix, we are an industry leader and innovator, nationally! We have been consistently named and voted for as “Top Places to Work in Phoenix” by CareerBuilder and our employees each year from 2013 to 2022!
We're Proud to Offer:
- Ongoing Training & Development
- Management Support
- Sick Time and Vacation
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- 401K Program
- Weekly Pay!
Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding, and manipulating a computer mouse; required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work. Occasional bending, reaching, lifting, pushing, and on rare occasions, there may be a need to move or lift light articles
We are a Substance Free Workplace. Prospective employees are subject to a pre-hire drug screen (non-THC), fit-for-duty exam, and background check. Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity
George Brazil Air Conditioning & Heating is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to: race; color; religion; genetic information; national origin; sex; pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions; age; disability; citizenship status; uniform service member status; or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law. In Arizona, the following also are a protected class: race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, AIDS/HIV status, national origin, status as a cardholder for medicinal marijuana, and genetic test results.
We are seeking a full-time HR Generalist that will assist with the implementation of HR strategy. The incumbent will gain exposure to all areas of HR functions, and will also have the opportunity to work independently on tactical and strategic issues. If you can flourish in a fast-paced, highly productive environment, using sound independent judgment while applying attention to detail, this could be the job for you. This position will support the HR team with daily duties, recruitment, and onboarding activities.
On-site | Monday - Friday | 8:30am to 5:00pm
- Assists with recruitment to include but not limited to focusing on driving recruiting strategies and candidate generation, maintaining job postings, resume review, proactive candidate sourcing and market research, and engaging with community resources to maintain the talent pipeline.
- Conducts in-depth interviews of potential candidates, demonstrating the ability to anticipate hiring manager preferences, and provide responsive follow-up to both candidates and hiring teams
- Partner with hiring managers to build effective sourcing, assessment, and closing approaches with an ability to manage customer/partner expectations
- Assists with offers of employment and submit pre-employment background and drug screens with follow through until completion
- Interacts directly with employees and leaders on policy and procedures inquires
- Performs transactional functions, ensuring personnel data is recorded into HR systems in an accurate and timely manner
- May assist with activities related to Leave of absence, Worker's Compensation, and Benefits
- May assist with new hire orientation, referral bonuses, exit interviews, etc.
- Completes Verifications of Employment while ensuring compliance with the process
- Conducts all duties with appropriate levels of discretion, good judgment, and confidentiality
- Interprets company HR policies and procedures, laws, and regulations
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed; they are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties/responsibilities
- Experience sourcing and recruiting diverse and/or specialized talent
- Experience in working independently, strong organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Experience handling sensitive material and information confidentially and managing projects, often simultaneously
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal and state employment laws & the ability to interpret, explain and apply employment policies, practices, and procedures
- Evidence of effective communication and interacting well with people of all ages and diverse backgrounds
- Experience in collecting, compiling, evaluating, and analyzing data from various sources.
- Evidence of having a commitment to fostering a workplace culture of belonging, where diversity is celebrated, and equity is a core value
- Experience in support of a sophisticated talent management program is preferred
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or Business Administration or a related field
- 5 years working in a human resource role (preferably a generalist), and with at least 3 years integrated in the area of recruitment
- In-depth knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including compensation practices, diversity, performance management, and federal and state employment laws.
- Extremely detailed in processes to perform self-checks, and data audits and ensures all process steps are followed and communicated
- Must be highly collaborative, and able to interact effectively and professionally with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and counseling skills in dealing with employees at all levels of the company, including influencing and relationship-building across functions
- Exceptional communication skills.
If you can flourish in a fast-paced, highly productive environment, using sound independent judgment, while paying attention to detail, then please apply! This job is for YOU!